Out of an abundance of caution, Loving Pets has issued a voluntary recall on a limited number of air-puffed dog treats due to possible Salmonella.
Salmonella can affect animals eating the products, as well as humans handling contaminated pet products.
The lot numbers included are:
Loving Pets Barksters™
- Item #5700 Sweet Potato and Chicken UPC 842982057005 – Lot # 021619
- Item #5705 Brown Rice and Chicken UPC 842982057050 – Lot 021419
Loving Pets Puffsters™ Snack Chips
- Item #5100 Apple and Chicken UPC 842982051003 – Lot 051219, 112118, 112918, 012719, 012519, 013019
- Item #5110 Banana and Chicken UPC 842982051102 – Lot 112218, 112818, 112918, 013119
- Item #5120 Sweet Potato and Chicken UPC 842982051201 – Lot 112818, 020119
- Item #5130 Cranberry and Chicken UPC 842982051300 – Lot 020319, 112918, 020219
- Item #2570314 Chicken and Apple Puff Treats UPC 800443220696 – Lot 121418, 121918, 122318, 010419, 010619, 010519
No illnesses, injuries or complaints have been reported.
The possible Salmonella contamination was due to an ingredient that was supplied to Loving Pets from a USA based supplier, and was discovered by Loving Pets’ internal quality assurance team. It was then identified through the company’s standard quality control testing procedures and internal food safety program.
Consumers may return any bag of treats with any of these aforementioned lot numbers to the retailer where the product was originally purchased. For additional information, please visit www.LovingPetsProducts.com or call 866-599-PETS (7387).