Congressman Rick Allen (R-GA-12) released the following statement after House passage of H.R. 3219, the Make America Secure Appropriations Act:
“As a Member of Congress, my number one priority is keeping America safe. That is why I was so proud to vote for the Make America Secure Appropriations Act, providing unprecedented levels of support for our American Heroes and funds to build the wall and secure our borders. The safety and security of our great nation should never be compromised or put in jeopardy. That is why it is imperative for the Senate to quickly pass this legislation and deliver it to the President’s desk. I made a pledge to build the wall, and as the President and Vice President always say, promises made, promises kept.”
H.R. 3219, the Make America Secure Appropriations Act will:
- Provide $1.6 billion to secure our Southern Border – 100% of what President Trump requested.
- Boost base funding for the Department of Defense by $68.1 billion to continue rebuilding our military.
- Fully fund the authorized 2.4% pay raise for our troops.
- Fully fund the projects at Fort Gordon authorized in the House-passed National Defense Authorization Act.
- Provide the highest level of funding ever for the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Allow the Administrator of the EPA and Secretary of the Army to withdraw from the Waters of the United States (WOTUS) rule
- Boost funding for Capitol Police to keep Members of Congress, their staffs and constituents safe.
- Continue the pay freeze for Members of Congress.